Xway feedback

Jeremy Hughes

Hi David

I’d also need access to adding code in various places on a page… after/before header, body etc.
This is definitely on our to-do list, and is mentioned under “Generic page markup” in the User Guide.

Jeremy

Richard Cacciato

Hi Jeremy, I've been looking through the Tutorial but can't find any mention of responsive menus or breakpoints. Is this something that would be associated with creating a Navigation box item? I can't find where to do that. Thanks.

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Richard,

I've been looking through the Tutorial but can't find any mention of responsive menus or breakpoints. Is this something that would be associated with creating a Navigation box item? I can't find where to do that. Thanks.
Breakpoints are mentioned in the User Guide (page 14) as one of the features that we haven’t implemented yet.

Jeremy

Richard Cacciato

Thanks for clarifying. It's not mentioned in the Tutorial I have (created on October 25, 2019). Looking forward to updates.

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Richard,

Thanks for clarifying. It's not mentioned in the Tutorial I have (created on October 25, 2019).
The Xway User Guide is a detailed reference manual. It's not the same as the tutorial. You can open it by selecting “Xway User Guide” from Xway’s Help menu.

The first chapter of the User Guide lists differences between Xway and Freeway, and has a section titled “Missing features”.

Looking forward to updates
We’re working hard at it!

Jeremy

Jim Feeney

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 02:22 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
Xway is a replacement for Freeway Pro and Freeway Express. We want it to be useful to professional web designers and casual users alike.
"Casual users" — I think that's probably a large part (perhaps majority?) of us Freeway users, versus the professionals who typically post on the forum. At age 76 and with diminishing time and energy to tackle a new learning curve, I repeat my earlier-expressed hope that before too long Xway will be able to seamlessly open our existing Freeway files.

Otherwise, I (and perhaps lots of us Freeway users) would just have to create a virtual drive and keep it operating forever on Mac OS 14. Jeremy, is there any approximate timeline for adding this functionality to Xway — that is, to open Freeway files in Xway?

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your feedback! We recognise that importing Freeway documents is important to existing Freeway users, and this is something that we're planning to work on in future. At the moment we're still adding features to Xway. We can't realistically open Freeway files until Xway has (at least most of) the same features. How can we import form items when Xway doesn't yet support form items, for example?

You can track our progress by looking at beta versions and the documentation that accompanies them. The Xway User Guide (which you can open from Xway's Help menu) contains an incomplete list of features that are currently missing from Xway, including the ability to read Freeway documents. We're currently at b1, but we hope to release b2 in January or February of next year, and other beta versions after that.

We're working as hard as we can, and progress is much faster than it ever was with Freeway, but it's going to take us a while to get there.

Jeremy

Peter A-B

Due to bad weather this Boxing Day holiday I have had the chance to give Xway a look at.

My Driving School website was built from Freeway 7 and has stood me in good stead. So decided to reproduce the site on Xway’s platform as much as I could and get back into website publication (mine at least).

One question at present, does Xway allow for floating boxes, say in order to float text on top of a graphic/photograph or is it down some other way now? I’ve looked through both tutorials but I’m none the wiser.

Thank you and a Happy New Year to one and All.

Regards,

Peter Aisthorpe-Buckley

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Peter,

Xway doesn't currently support floated boxes - this is listed as a missing feature on page 13 of the User Guide, which you can open from Xway's Help menu.

However, if you need to float a graphic, and you don't mind not seeing it floated in Xway's Page view, you can do this by adding an extended property to the graphic box:

1. Select the box
2. Open the "Extended Properties" section in the Box Inspector
3. Click on the + button
4. Type "float" for Name and "left" or "right" for Value
5. Press Return

Jeremy

Peter A-B

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your quick reply. I thought that was the case. I’m in no huge rush to up grade just yet. I just felt like getting back into creative mood. I’ll try your work around and see if it does what I want.

Peter A-B