Xway b2.2 is here

Jeremy Hughes

We've just released Xway b2.2.

This contains a single bug fix:

  • Fixed a crash that could happen when a link is added to a span containing all the text in a paragraph
You can download b2.2 from our website (click on "Download the Xway beta now" on the Xway page).

Art Liestman

I think I recognize that crash!  Thanks!

Jeremy Hughes

Thanks for reporting it!

@MacFinn

Any idea when I can preorder Xway? I got my Visa ready here.
Or at least beta 3 with Freeway file support. So I can start transferring my 5-6 sites to Xway.

Missing Xway is the only reason my Mac still runs Mojave and I would like to upgrade.

Jeremy Hughes

We're planning to release b3 in a few weeks, but I'm afraid it's going to take longer than that before Xway can read Freeway documents.

New features in b3 include the ability to import Exhibeo galleries, and full support for copy and paste.

I'm still using Mojave, but I will probably upgrade to Big Sur when it's released (and Apple have fixed any serious bugs). My plan for then is to install Mojave within a virtual machine (VMWare or Parallels Desktop). There is a TidBITs article that explains how to do this:

https://tidbits.com/2019/09/18/moving-to-catalina-keep-your-32-bit-mac-apps-running-with-parallels/

If you decide to do this, download the Mojave installer from Apple before you upgrade (it's difficult to download it after you've upgraded).

Jeremy

Carla Grande

Yes Jeremy
Thanks I plan to get Parallels next year as well
there is no need for anyone to upgrade past Mojave yet

Carla Grande
Consultant & Website Designer
917 621 5550

On Oct 7, 2020, at 1:11 PM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

We're planning to release b3 in a few weeks, but I'm afraid it's going to take longer than that before Xway can read Freeway documents.

New features in b3 include the ability to import Exhibeo galleries, and full support for copy and paste.

I'm still using Mojave, but I will probably upgrade to Big Sur when it's released (and Apple have fixed any serious bugs). My plan for then is to install Mojave within a virtual machine (VMWare or Parallels Desktop). There is a TidBITs article that explains how to do this:

If you decide to do this, download the Mojave installer from Apple before you upgrade (it's difficult to download it after you've upgraded).

Jeremy

grantsymon

Carla,

FWIW... if you can live with a restart, then since APFS was introduced (Apple File System) it is now trivial to have multiple MacOS on your drive and a simple case of restarting with the Option Key held down to choose which one you want.  You don't need to allocate space to the Volume. AFPS automagically resizes as required.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208891

Carla Grande

thanks I had no idea... this could be done
thanks for that link!
Carla

On Oct 7, 2020, at 1:54 PM, grantsymon <xway@...> wrote:

Carla,

FWIW... if you can live with a restart, then since APFS was introduced (Apple File System) it is now trivial to have multiple MacOS on your drive and a simple case of restarting with the Option Key held down to choose which one you want.  You don't need to allocate space to the Volume. AFPS automagically resizes as required.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208891

Álvaro José de Regil Castilla

Hi Jeremy,

Talking about Exhibeo galleries, which I bought a couple of weeks ago to use with Freeway, I’m dealing with a persistent problem. When previewing to any browser using the “Impress” theme, the slideshow functionality does not work. To see all the images you have to do it manually. This issue is true using any browser. I checked the inspector with Firefox and it states specifically: “The slideshow functionality is not supported on your device” What is that? I am using an iMac late 2015 with the latest Mojave version and everything works when working with Freeway and other actions, such as showcase, but not with Exhibeo. I hope that you can help with this, which is very frustrating.

Thanks,

Álvaro

Richard Cacciato

You can also use VMWare Fusion and run multiple OSes in parallel, switching between them like applications with no need to restart. Much easier.

Richard.

Richard Cacciato
Partner

http://linkedin.com/in/rcacciato/

Blue Iceberg
Digital Strategy | Engagement | Results
O:           +1.212.337.9920
M:          +1.646.258.3360

Moving the needle, delivering results.
http://www.blue-iceberg.com

On Oct 7, 2020, at 2:02 PM, Carla Grande <carla@...> wrote:

thanks I had no idea... this could be done
thanks for that link!
Carla

Carla Grande
Consultant & Website Designer
917 621 5550

On Oct 7, 2020, at 1:54 PM, grantsymon <xway@...> wrote:

Carla,

FWIW... if you can live with a restart, then since APFS was introduced (Apple File System) it is now trivial to have multiple MacOS on your drive and a simple case of restarting with the Option Key held down to choose which one you want.  You don't need to allocate space to the Volume. AFPS automagically resizes as required.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208891

Carla Grande

Thx Richard

--
Carla Grande
SPIRIT I DESIGN

9176215550

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Álvaro,

Apologies - I see you already asked this question about Exhibeo galleries on Exhibeo Talk. I'll get Simon to answer you there!

[I try to keep track of Freeway Talk and Exhibeo Talk via email, but messages keep ending up in Gmail's junk folder. That's one of the reasons we switched to iogroups for Xway Talk.]

There are two ways of running Mojave alongside Catalina (or Big Sur):

  1. Use a VM (VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop). As Richard Cacciato points out, this allows you to switch between 32-bit and 64-bit applications without having to restart.
  2. Create a separate volume for Mojave (as grantsymon suggests) if you don't mind restarting when you need to run a 32-bit application.
Jeremy

Carla Grande

Thx Jeremy

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 2:54 PM Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

There are two ways of running Mojave alongside Catalina (or Big Sur):

  1. Use a VM (VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop). As Richard Cacciato points out, this allows you to switch between 32-bit and 64-bit applications without having to restart.
  2. Create a separate volume for Mojave (as grantsymon suggests) if you don't mind restarting when you need to run a 32-bit application.

Carla Grande
SPIRIT I DESIGN
spiritidesign.com

9176215550

Álvaro José de Regil Castilla

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your prompt response.  Simon has already answered providing a solution that seems to be quite easy.

Thank you so much again.

Álvaro