Trying to get an iframe to resize for tablet/cellphone

john@...

I have embedded 2 iframes in my site, one a Soundcloud page and the other a Vimeo page. Inserting an iFrame in a box  in Xway works beautifully, except that I can't seem to configure the windows in such a way that they will resize for smaller screens. Any suggestions?

Thanks. J

ThatKeith

If you're using Xway's iframe object you can simply set the width and height of the item to whatever you like, including percentage values. If you're adding entire iframe code lumps (such as what Vimeo gives you) I suggest copying the URL itself from there and using that in an Xway-made iframe.

john@...

Thanks for the reply. I am using the embed codes from both platforms. The issue is a formatting one; Without setting dimensions, the boxes appear quite small, too small for the webpage if viewed on a computer, or even a tablet. If I set the dimensions, or even the minimum dimensions, the iframe doesn't resize for a cellphone, and runs off the screen. It is possible to pinch to resize on the cellphone, but this causes it's own problems with the windows.

I was hoping for a setting or way fo managing embedded media in Xway that would allow for better resizing on the small screen.

Jeremy Hughes

Hi John,

There is a section in the User Guide that describes how to do this:

1. Click on Xway User Guide in Xway's Help menu
2. Look at the section called "Video aspect ratio" in the "Iframes" chapter.

Jeremy

john@...

Brilliant. Thanks.  J