Tabulator

Per Olsson

I want to separate text on several lines, where in this case month and data appear in the same place on each line. In word or Indesign I use ”tab” to set a fixed distance between two pieces of text in a line:
January   Data
March      Data
May         Data
How do I make ”Data” to appear on the same vertical line on each row. Can’t figure it out in xway yet.

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Per,

You'd normally do this using tables, which Xway doesn't support yet. We're planning to add support in a future version.

One way you could get around this for now would be to use an online table generator, and paste the generated HTML into Xway as a markup item.

Jeremy

Per Olsson

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. As long as I can mark ¨Data¨ with a link to a file. Maybe another way is to make two boxes side by side. Left box contains the months with left margin, the right box contain the Data text with left margin, Data texts with links to resources?
Otherwise I´ll just wait for a future version. At the moment the Data text pieces are almost aligned vertically if I use abbreviated months on the left side (i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr etc).

Kind regards/Med vänlig hälsning,

Per Olsson