How to freely resize images?

Саша Грицак

How to freely resize images?

In Freeway i just simpli take a corner and freely can resize images.

Also when i change size of page all my images resize too which i do not want.

Thank ü

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Sasha,

How to freely resize images?
When you insert an image, it doesn’t have a defined width and height and can’t be resized (this is the same as pass-through images in Freeway). If you give the image a defined width and/or height, you can resize it by dragging one of the resize handles (as in Freeway).

To set a defined width and height, type a value (e.g. “200”) into the Width and Height fields in the Box Inspector.

If you want the image to preserve its aspect ratio (original proportions) when you resize it, type a value into the Width field but leave the height undefined.

Also when i change size of page all my images resize too which i do not want.
The maximum width of images is set to 50% by default. This means that an image will not be wider than 50% of the width of its parent. If you don’t want the image to resize flexibly, you can delete this value.

Jeremy

Саша Грицак

Thank ü it works.

Is max 50% default image size is because to make web site Retina?

Also:
1) I found anoying when you open Xway then a blank page opens.
Better will be if the last project you were working opens.
2) I understand that to port projects from Freeway to Xway will not be done because it will require anormus work and basicly to rewrire Freeway from ground up to make Freeway presents port to Xway,
but alist if you will add and option to port web site pages from Freeway to Xway with out ability to edit them in Xway. And if you want to edit some of those pages in Xway then you need to redo those particular pages in Xway.
3) For me right now Xway is usless with out working upload to web site. ;) So hopefult in next beta it will be working

Jeremy Hughes

Is max 50% default image size is because to make web site Retina?
Not really, because 50% width (in CSS) is 50% of the parent’s width rather than 50% of the image’s width.

It’s more of a convenience feature - to prevent large images from being imported at ridiculously large sizes (as can happen in Freeway).

1) I found annoying when you open Xway then a blank page opens.
Better will be if the last project you were working opens.
That’s standard Mac behaviour (most applications do this) but you can use the "Close Windows when quitting app” setting in the General panel of System Preferences to change this: if this is unselected, applications should reopen any windows that were open when you quit them.

2) I understand that to port projects from Freeway to Xway will not be done because it will require anormus work and basicly to rewrire Freeway from ground up to make Freeway presents port to Xway,
but alist if you will add and option to port web site pages from Freeway to Xway with out ability to edit them in Xway. And if you want to edit some of those pages in Xway then you need to redo those particular pages in Xway.
We do plan to import Freeway documents in future. But we need to support most of the same functionality before we can do that.

Importing read-only versions of old HTML pages is an interesting idea. It might be possible to use iframes as a way of doing this - but I think that link management could be a difficult issue to deal with.

You can also use external links to link to pages that Freeway has published.

3) For me right now Xway is usless with out working upload to web site. ;) So hopefully in next beta it will be working
We also plan to add upload in future, but it won’t be in the next beta. In the meantime, it’s quite easy to upload web sites with a third-party application (Transmit, Cyberduck, etc.):

1. Choose “Show Site Folder” from the File menu
2. Use a third-party application to upload this folder, or to synchronise it with a folder that you previously uploaded.

Jeremy

Mad Farquhar

Edited

3) It is possible to upload to a website.

Go to thread 336 on here.

Саша Грицак

Edited

Close Windows when quitting app  is selected in setting in the General panel of System Preferences but Xway still opens a blank page at start up.
Because in my user scenario i am usualy working on previus web site i was working.

Jeremy Hughes

Close Windows when quitting app is selected in setting in the General panel of System Preferences but Xway still opens a blank page at start up.
That’s what I would expect to happen if "Close windows when quitting app” is selected.

What happens if "Close windows when quitting app” is turned off (not selected)?

Jeremy

Саша Грицак

I both ways a blank page opens

Jeremy Hughes

I both ways a blank page opens
What is supposed to happen (and what happens for me with Xway and other applications) is that if you have "Close windows when quitting app” turned off, then any windows that are open when you quit an application will be reopened when the application is restarted.

If you close them before quitting, they won’t reopen.

Jeremy

Саша Грицак

How to arange order of images in Xway?

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Sasha,

How to arange order of images in Xway?
It’s not currently possible to rearrange the order of images (e.g. by dragging). We will add this in a future version.

A current (tedious) workaround is to reimport images in the order you want to have them.

Jeremy

Саша Грицак

That is what i found lol

Post scriptum:
Do you have any guess when full relise of Xway will be ready?

Jeremy Hughes

Do you have any guess when full relise of Xway will be ready?
Our plan is to release a series of beta versions over the coming months.

The ability to drag inflow items probably won’t be in the next beta version (b2), but it is likely to be in b3.

Jeremy

Саша Грицак

You can make 1 image to scale according to web browser windows size.

But how to group 2 differnt images so they act as 1 image to scalling of web browser windows size ?

Walter Lee Davis

For the moment, you could use Photoshop or Acorn or Pixelmator. Combine the two images on a single canvas, and export them together as a single image in a web-friendly format.

Walter

On Feb 14, 2020, at 11:18 AM, Саша Грицак <sashaa7777777@...> wrote:

You can make 1 image to scale according to web browser windows size.

But how to group 2 differnt images so they act as 1 image to scalling of web browser windows size ?

Саша Грицак

Edited

Yes i know that. But the problem is that for example.

There is an image of house with door.
I want that clicking on the door would a person to another page of web site.
But clicking on something else rather then door would do nothing.

So that's why i created to separate images.
And image with door has a link to another page while image of house has nothing.

Walter Lee Davis

If you place the two images side-by-side, setting their widths to 50%, for example, wouldn’t that work?

 If you need to treat the two images as one unit for responsive purposes, you could insert an HTML object where you want the images to appear, then double-click into that object and insert the two images in it, side by side, as above. If you set them both to 50%, then they will flex to fit their container, and whatever width you apply to that outer HTML box will determine what size the combination of images can reach on your page.

That way you could apply a link to one of them, or each of them, without needing there to be a single link for both images.

In the bad old days, we would have used an image map to provide a link over part of an image. I don’t know if Xway can make those. Freeway can.

Walter

On Feb 14, 2020, at 11:31 AM, Саша Грицак <sashaa7777777@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Yes i know that. But the problem is that for example.

There is an image of house with door.
I want that clicking on the door would a person to another page of web site.
But clicking on something else rather then door would do nothing.

So that's why i created to separate images.
And image with door has a link to another page while image of house has nothing.

Саша Грицак

How to make page to auto enjast to screen size ?

I know to do it for 1 image.

But how to do it for 2 images and those 2 images keep distance proportion between each other?

Саша Грицак

How to make links not to entire image but to defined area of it.

In Freeway i just used HTML tool and then creat a castom borders of it and then assign link to that.

Jeremy Hughes

With inline images:

1. Insert two images
2. Set their width to 50%