Hello To all, I am Freeway Novice of 5 years... having only built 3 sites

jay farber

And started back at vs 5 if memory serves.

For me not so easy to get through.

Xway is of course a welcome change since the company and product went belly up.

My questions are:

If I am not that savvy to begin with.

Would I be better served with Elementor or Divi vs Freeway?

Or is Wordpress better or worse than a separate build like freeway?

Is there as much “Code Bloat with Freeway as there are with Elementor or Divi?

Which is better at SEO searches etc?

Seriously I am stuck trying to build another site and started with Godaddy Site Builder which to me has become a mistake in
just a few weeks of it being up.

I am writing a book on how to reduce back pain from a patients perspective and need to be able to do Amazon Affiliate sales along with a blog.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jay Farber

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Jay,

Since this is Xway Talk, my suggestion is that you try Xway when it is released (tomorrow).

Xway has a detailed step-by-step tutorial that you can use to create a new site that will display flexibly on different devices. You could adapt this to create your own pages.

Wordpress is good for blogs. I used it for my Fretspace blog:

https://fretspace.blog

Jeremy

On 3 Nov 2019, at 21:21, jay farber via Groups.Io <jfmusic=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Thanks
Don’t you have a blog feature in Freeway?
So Why use Wordpress?

That said…
It's funny to me how so many computer types myself included come from a music background.
Good luck with fretspace.

On Nov 4, 2019, at 2:24 AM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@softpress.com> wrote:

[...]

If you create a blog in Wordpress, you can link to that from a web site that you make in Freeway or Xway.

Freeway isn't a blogging program. There are some Actions that you can use to create templates for Blogger (but not Wordpress). You can also "roll your own" blog according to the following article:

https://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/36/Blogs+in+Freeway

Jeremy

jay farber

Thanks

A world full of possibility.

On Nov 4, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

If you create a blog in Wordpress, you can link to that from a web site that you make in Freeway or Xway.

Freeway isn't a blogging program. There are some Actions that you can use to create templates for Blogger (but not Wordpress). You can also "roll your own" blog according to the following article:

https://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/36/Blogs+in+Freeway

Jeremy

Auguste <creativeopen4u@...>

Hello,

you can easily convert website realized under Freeway or Xway with this little software :

Have a nice day :-)

Auguste

Le 4 nov. 2019 à 20:00, jay farber via Groups.Io <jfmusic@...> a écrit :

Thanks

A world full of possibility.

On Nov 4, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

If you create a blog in Wordpress, you can link to that from a web site that you make in Freeway or Xway.

Freeway isn't a blogging program. There are some Actions that you can use to create templates for Blogger (but not Wordpress). You can also "roll your own" blog according to the following article:

https://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/36/Blogs+in+Freeway

Edited

This message (about Pinegrow Theme Converter) has been flagged by another user as possible spam.

We hesitated before we accepted it - but Pinegrow Theme Converter seems to be a program that you can use in conjunction with a web-design program to create a Wordpress theme, so it's not completely off-topic.

However, this is an Xway forum, and we will moderate or remove messages that are spam.

Jeremy

Walter Lee Davis

Pinegrow is a fellow-traveller to Softpress in the WYSIWYG design space. We don't, as a rule, discourage alternative options. At least that's what we did (do) on the Freewaytalk list. Your call, Jeremy.

Walter

On Nov 5, 2019, at 2:05 PM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@softpress.com> wrote:

This message (about Pinegrow Theme Converter) has been flagged by another user as possible spam.

We hesitated before we accepted it - but Pinegrow Theme Converter seems to be a program that you can use in conjunction with a web-design program to create a Wordpress theme, so it's not completely off-topic.

However, this is an Xway forum, and we will moderate or remove messages that are spam.

We don't, as a rule, discourage alternative options.

After Softpress went into (temporary) liquidation, Freeway Talk became a bit of a free-for-all, with people recommending various alternative products. I think that was understandable at the time. People were looking for alternatives.

Things are different now. We are about to release an initial beta version of our own alternative to Freeway. My feeling is that if people want to promote alternatives to Xway, they can set up their own forums to do that.

We’re not planning to be heavy-handed about this - but we don’t want the Xway forum to be hijacked by non-Xway interests.

We decided that the message about “Pinegrow Theme Converter” didn’t fall into this category. It seems to be a complementary product that can be used alongside Xway or Freeway.

Jeremy

Auguste <creativeopen4u@...>

Yes that's why I shared the link :-) about “Pinegrow Theme Converter”
This is a complement that allows starting from Xway or Freeway to make templates for Wordpress...

I shared Xway's link on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin

Thank you for your Beta software :-)

Auguste