Happy Anniversary Softpress!

Joe Muscara

Happy 27th Softpress and all who work there! I’m glad you’re still with us and making great software.

Joe

Jeremy Hughes

Thanks Joe!

Guido Stockhausen

Fully agree! Appreciate a lot you never gave up.
Best wishes from one of the few in Germany I suppose keeping the faith…
Keep going!

Guido from Spacefactor

Am 03.12.20, 17:32 schrieb "Joe Muscara" <xway-talk@softpress.groups.io im Auftrag von joe@t2studios.com>:

Happy 27th Softpress and all who work there! I’m glad you’re still with us and making great software.

Joe

Walter Lee Davis

Was Uniqorn sent out in a poly-bag on a magazine at launch? I distinctly recall pirate-installing it on one of the Macs at the library of my wife's optometry school, in what must have been 1993, since that's the year she graduated. There was no public Internet at that point, so no other way for me to have encountered it. Apparently I go back even further than December 96, when I first encountered the beta for Freeway. What a long strange trip it's been!

Walter

On Dec 3, 2020, at 11:52 AM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@softpress.com> wrote:

Thanks Joe!

Carla Grande

Count me in the kudos!!!

--
Carla Grande
Consultant/Website Designer

917-621-5550

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Walter,

I joined Softpress in 1995, shortly before UniQorn was released. I don't recall there being a magazine version of UniQorn, but it featured on the cover of MacUser (showing a unicorn hatching from an egg on a purple background), and the feature article was written by Keith Martin.

UniQorn was designed to be a print and web publishing system, but used Java rather than HTML for web publishing.

UniQorn evolved into Freeway in 1997: HTML publishing was added in January 1997, and I think Freeway version 1 was released later that year, followed by version 2 in 1998.

Softpress was formed (or renamed) from a previous company called Well Tempered Software in 1994, and UniQorn was developed from an earlier piece of software known as LinoSetting (written for LinoType). The earliest Freeway/UniQorn/LinoSetting source files date back to 1992.
What a long strange trip it's been!
It has! And you've just quoted my favourite band :)

Jeremy