Disappearing app

william@...

Hi, As a former Freeway user I downloaded Xway out of curiosity. The devs should note that after unzipping the downloaded app file, I moved Xway to the applications folder ... and it promptly disappeared. It is there, as it won't let me do it again without a "duplicate item" warning. Fully aware this is a beta!

Jeremy Hughes

Hi William,

That sounds very strange, but it seems more like a Finder issue than an Xway issue - especially if you haven't actually run Xway yet.

If you're getting a duplicate item warning when you try to copy it a second time, Xway must already be in the Applications folder.

What you could do is to choose "Sort by Name" from the Finder's View menu, and then look through your applications in alphabetical order (near the end if you don't reverse the order).

Jeremy

william@...

Hi Jeremy

The "find by name" was the first thing I did. Not there. I’ve never had this problem with another app.

I’ve now ditched Xway but good luck in your venture. Softpress Freeway was a good app.

Will

On 14 Jul 2021, at 20:22, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

Hi William,

That sounds very strange, but it seems more like a Finder issue than an Xway issue - especially if you haven't actually run Xway yet.

If you're getting a duplicate item warning when you try to copy it a second time, Xway must already be in the Applications folder.

What you could do is to choose "Sort by Name" from the Finder's View menu, and then look through your applications in alphabetical order (near the end if you don't reverse the order).

Hi William,

Xway (like any other application) doesn't actually do anything until you run it. If it isn't visible, that's the Finder's (and system's) responsibility.

Another way you could try to locate it is to open the Applications folder and choose Find from the bottom of the File menu. Type "Xway" in the search bar and click on "Applications" next to "Search: This Mac".

If that doesn't work, it might be worth running Disk Utility to see if you have any kind of disk problems.

Jeremy