Re: Applying Styles

Walter Lee Davis

Ah, then here's another trick to try: apply the special No Style "style" first, then the updated Paragraph style.

Walter

On Jun 8, 2021, at 7:01 PM, Bert Green <inquiry@bgfa.us> wrote:

Or to be more precise, it applies the style, just not the redefined style.

Bert Green

On Jun 8, 2021, at 5:59 PM, Bert Green <inquiry@bgfa.us> wrote:
Tried that. Doesn't work.

Bert Green
Bert Green Fine Art
8 S Michigan Ave Suite 620
Chicago IL 60603
https://bgfa.us
312-434-7544
On Jun 8, 2021, at 5:41 PM, Walter Lee Davis < waltd@wdstudio.com> wrote:
The paragraph style is very finicky about how it is applied. If you don't have a complete paragraph selected, it won't apply. Try triple-clicking a word within the paragraph. Note that the selection appears to wrap to the beginning of the next line. There is an invisible character at the end of each paragraph which actually has to be selected, otherwise you are only selecting a span within the paragraph, and a paragraph style may only be applied to paragraphs.

Walter

On Jun 8, 2021, at 6:38 PM, Bert Green <inquiry@bgfa.us> wrote:

I've studying the Master Styles functions of Xway and think I may have found a bug; I redefined a few of the styles according to the manual (Paragraph, Heading 1, Heading 2, all the link styles) and when I apply them to text on a page, both Headings and the links correctly apply the new default styles, but the Paragraph style, despite being redefined and appearing in the inspector with the new attributes, does not style the text correctly; it remains in the style that the app had as the original default. If I style it manually and then activate the "Inherit Style" feature, it reverts to the style the app had before I redefined it.

Or am I doing something wrong here?

Also, just as an aside, it would be very helpful to be able to add new styles to the default list, or rename the existing styles, as I would rely extensively on styles in general and would prefer to be able to fully customize them like I could in Freeway.