Re: Xway & Transmit

Jeremy Hughes

Hi Walter,

Export to Site Folder would be similar to “File Copy" upload in Freeway (we’ve been recommending “File Copy” to Freeway users for a while now, so they can switch to using an external FTP program if they have problems with internal upload) — so, yes, if you neglected to export before uploading, the folder wouldn’t be up-to-date. On the other hand, this could be an advantage if you wanted to set up a folder so that it is automatically uploaded when its contents change — it wouldn’t automatically upload after every preview.

The long-term goal is to have an internal upload option in Xway. “Show Site Folder” is a stop-gap method. I’ve never been happy about the way it exposes the internal data of the document package.