Re: What is the latest re migrating from FreewayPro (7.1.4) to Xway please?

Torbjorn Hultmark

Hello Jeremy,
Thanks for this, that’s very helpful
Do you have any idea when you are hoping that Xw might read Fw documents, just ballpark, this year, 2021, 2022…?

Best wishes,
Torbjörn

On 8 Jul 2020, at 16:30, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

Hi Torbjörn,

Xway doesn't read Freeway documents yet. That's something we plan to do, but we're working on core functionality that needs to be in place first.

It's possible to recreate a Freeway site by hand if you copy/paste text and reimport images (essentially the same method that you would use to recreate a non-Freeway site within Freeway).

If you do this, it's a good idea to create a page layout that displays flexibly on different devices, rather than recreate an inflexible Freeway layout. It's possible to create a flexible layout in Freeway, but it's much easier to do this in Xway.