Re: Adding Link to text span causes crash

Jeremy Hughes

Art sent me his document and steps, and I've replied to him separately, but here is some general information for anyone else who might run into this. This is a bug that is already fixed in our internal builds, but which we didn't realise was a crashing bug. The bug occurs when a link is applied to a span that contains all the text that is in a paragraph. One way to work around this (for now) is to remove the span before setting the link. You can do this by putting a text insertion point inside the span, and choosing None from the Span section of the Span Inspector. You can add the span back afterwards, but an alternative (that is often better) is to apply styling via default link styles.

We'll try to release a bug fix shortly (b2.2).