Custom font help?

ThatKeith

I'd like to use a specific Google web font, Alegreya Sans, for both body text (regular weight) and headlines (the heaviest '900' weight).
How should I set this up? I have created a custom font with the correct font name, added alternatives, set the type, and set the font URL (https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Alegreya+Sans).

But how should I specify the weight? If I set Bold, 900 or Bolder in the Document: Default Styles for Header 1 it doesn't make any difference in Xway or the browser. If I apply Bold, 900 or Bolder directly to the header 1 text this looks correct in Xway but doesn't translate to the chunky weight in a browser; it looks faintly bolder, like Medium vs Regular.

If I add ":wght@900" to the end of the custom font URL this works, but of course it makes ALL text set in that typeface to be ultra-bold. I tried setting up two different custom font entries, one with 900 set, but the font name can't be identical for two entries, and it's what references the actual typeface so can't be different. :-O