Re: Tables

Walter Lee Davis

At the moment, it's hard to do. You would need to create some inline divs to act as cells, nested in another div that acts like a row. It has none of the semantic qualities of a real table, so for true tabular data, it's not ideal. The benefit of such an approach is that you can cause it to decompose into a different shape at a narrow screen width. So instead of this:

~~~~
cell | cell | cell | cell
~~~~

At a narrow screen it could look like this:

~~~~
cell
cell
cell
cell
~~~~

Xway doesn't make this easy at the moment, I tried doing it earlier in b1. Perhaps b2 (any week now!) will have more styling hooks that would let you create this kind of construction. The other thing is that I believe Jeremy has mentioned that eventually you will be able to make tables. I mean, there's a real semantic reason to put data in tables. Now you would never use a table for layout and visual structure any more, but you might need to show tabular data to a visitor.

Walter

On Feb 29, 2020, at 3:02 PM, Daniel R. Earl <danearl64@comcast.net> wrote:

I use tables extensively in Freeway. What should I use (and how) to replace tables in Xway?