Re: Xway b1 - idea: CSS blank canvas or CSS paint by numbers

Jeremy Hughes

Whether we use webkit in future is something that we can revisit if we want to. Xway is pretty modular internally.

Webkit had serious issues when we used it in Freeway (e.g. for the Preview option), and I didn’t want to get bogged down with it when I started working on Xway.

[Webkit is Apple’s API to the underlying web engine. It’s quite limited in what it can do. It’s possible that we could use the underlying web engine directly, but it’s not something we would consider doing right now.]

NB Xway (not “Xweb”) rhymes with Freeway (not “Freeweb”)