Re: Will Xway support user defined styles?

Tim Plumb

Thanks for the clarification Jeremy.

I think this is a shame as I tended to use Freeway by setting up a core set of styles and editing them as I built a site. Applying one of those styles to an item is a lot easier than trying to remember what all of the elements are that go to make up a style (padding, colour, border etc).

I totally appreciate that most users tended to style their elements in an ad-hoc fashion and that is fine although, as you say, unless they get the styling exactly correct each time you'd end up with dozens of styles that all were pretty much identical. I've seen Freeway stylesheets that are huge and bloated with hundreds of class styles that were (I suspect) only used once.

As I say default styles are a good start but they can't be used to quickly turn a link (for example) into a button (unless you want all of your links looking like buttons).