Re: Xway b1 - idea: CSS blank canvas or CSS paint by numbers

Jeremy Hughes

On 7 Nov 2019, at 10:55, Tim Plumb <tim@freewayactions.com> wrote:

All of this assumes Xway can read and render non-Xway generated CSS. Jeremy, is Xway's design view still an interpretation of the final page code (as Freeway's was)?
I’m not sure what you mean by “interpretation of the final page code”. Certainly, Freeway’s design view is *not* an interpretation of HTML/CSS, but the exact opposite: Freeway outputs HTML/CSS that is constructed from its DTP model, and it is this DTP model that is displayed in its layout view.

Xway differs from Freeway in that its data model is based on HTML/CSS. But it is based on a subset of HTML/CSS: the subset that it currently supports. It can’t import or display arbitrary HTML/CSS beyond that subset.

We’re working to increase this subset, and it’s possible that a future version of Xway will be able to import HTML/CSS, but it will take us a while to get there.