Date   

Re: Exhibeo 2.0.5 is here!

Jeremy Hughes
 

Exhibeo 2.0.5 is now available by clicking on Check for Updates.

It's also on the App Store (for anyone who bought from there).

Jeremy


Thumblie Exhibeo Gallery - no images on click

idasu.uk
 

Hi,

I’ve implemented a Thumblie gallery into a recent website.

For some reason, upon clicking the thumbnail for any image, the usual overlay with controls and large image that should display do not appear. Only the ‘X’ in the top left, and a white square.

Could anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks,

Jack

https://velmasimon.com/gallery.html


Re: Thumblie Exhibeo Gallery - no images on click

Simon Manning
 

Hi Jack,

This is happening because a conflicting version of jQuery is being loaded on the page, so the version that the gallery relies on is not being loaded. There is a piece of jQuery on the page which looks like it's meant to do something when a button is pressed, but it doesn't obviously seem like this is actually being used.

If it's not being used, you should be able to simply remove the reference to jQuery 3.3.1 from the page and the gallery will start working. If it's driven by a template and that code is used on a different page however, it might be more complicated to deal with.

Simon

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 4:58 PM idasu.uk <jacksomersetscott@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve implemented a Thumblie gallery into a recent website.

For some reason, upon clicking the thumbnail for any image, the usual overlay with controls and large image that should display do not appear. Only the ‘X’ in the top left, and a white square.

Could anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks,

Jack

https://velmasimon.com/gallery.html


Re: Thumblie Exhibeo Gallery - no images on click

idasu.uk
 

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply! The jQuery is being used but only at a mobile breakpoint. It's the toggle for the menu button.
What do you think is the best way around this?

Thanks,

Jack


Re: Thumblie Exhibeo Gallery - no images on click

Simon Manning
 

It looks to be compatible, i.e. your button code should work and behave the same way in both versions, so I think you should be able to just change the version number from 3.3.1 to 1.7 in the head.

Simon

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 7:41 PM idasu.uk <jacksomersetscott@...> wrote:
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply! The jQuery is being used but only at a mobile breakpoint. It's the toggle for the menu button.
What do you think is the best way around this?

Thanks,

Jack


Re: Thumblie Exhibeo Gallery - no images on click

idasu.uk
 

Hi,

I've changed to 1.7 in the <head>, this fixes the Thumblie gallery but unfortunately breaks the toggleClass code.
Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Jack


Re: Thumblie Exhibeo Gallery - no images on click

Simon Manning
 

Setting up the click handling is working:
        $(".btn").on("click", function() {

However the code that gets executed when clicking is failing because $ is undefined:
            $('.menu').toggleClass("show");
            $('.btn').toggleClass('close');

It looks like what's happening is that .on() is being used before the gallery has been set up and then the gallery is, I think incorrectly, triggering jQuery noConflict which undefines $, so it becomes unavailable by the time the button is clicked. On those three lines, replacing "$" with "jQuery" should solve that.

I'll log a task to investigate that, as I'm pretty sure it has no need to be doing it.

Simon


Paid for new version of Exhibeo, two days later no confirmation or license???

Robert Mitton
 

I understand that this is the wrong place to respond, but I cannot get a response over there...

Two nights ago I bought the newest version of Exhibeo via Paypal, but I have not received a confirmation or license code yet.

Been wanting to play with the new version, please.

Robert


Re: Paid for new version of Exhibeo, two days later no confirmation or license???

Jeremy Hughes
 

Hi Robert,

Can you check your spam folder? Paddle sent you two emails (receipt and licence number) shortly after you purchased Exhibeo.

If you don't find the emails, contact us via sales at softpress dot com.

Jeremy


Re: Paid for new version of Exhibeo, two days later no confirmation or license???

picnina@...
 

I have this same problem. Purchased yesterday, got receipt from Paddle but no license code. Checked spam folder and didn't see anything there.


Re: Paid for new version of Exhibeo, two days later no confirmation or license???

Jeremy Hughes
 

Hi,

We've contacted you off-list.

It's not *quite* the same problem because you say you did receive the receipt email.

Jeremy


Xway Integration

Ralph Bergman
 

I used to use Showcase with Freeway to create slideshows on my website http://ralphbergmanphotography.ca/landscape.html

I’m now trying Exhibio (the Bloxx Theme) with Xway. Is there any way to control the number of thumbnails or the spacing between thumbnails that appear when Exhibio is imported into Xway? When I click the web preview button I see one thing, then when I go to Preview via the file menu, I see something else on the browser, similar but more images stretched across the page. I have tried changing the dimensions of the component but nothing seems to change. Showcase on Freeway seemed to have much more precision and control than Exhibio on Xway at least so far. I’m trying to replicate as much as possible what I achieved with Showcase on Freeway. 

I like the slideshow action in the browser of the Thumblie theme but I prefer the thumbnail grid arrangement of the Bloxx theme. Any suggestions would be appreciated.


Re: Xway Integration

Jeremy Hughes
 

Hi Ralph,

I've taken a quick look at a Bloxx gallery and one of its features is that it is flexible. This is actually a good thing, because it means that people can view the gallery on different devices (computers, tablets, mobiles etc.) without having to scroll horizontally.

It's possible that you can force the gallery to have a fixed width by editing a CSS file, and one of my colleagues could advise you on how to do this, but a fixed-width gallery is not very mobile-friendly - so you would risk alienating visitors who use a mobile device to visit your website. That's actually the majority of website visitors these days.

An alternative to making the gallery have a fixed width might be to give it a maximum width (again, this would probably require a CSS edit). This would allow the gallery to be mobile-friendly, but would restrict the number of images that are displayed horizontally on desktops and/or tablets.

Jeremy


Re: Xway Integration

Ralph Bergman
 

Thanks for all that information. I suppose what I really want is a combo theme that combines all of the possible actions that Exhibio allows separately in it's various "Themes". Personally, I would pay for something possibly called Total Gallery that did this. Really Showcase brought up to date.


On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 10:42 AM Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:
Hi Ralph,

I've taken a quick look at a Bloxx gallery and one of its features is that it is flexible. This is actually a good thing, because it means that people can view the gallery on different devices (computers, tablets, mobiles etc.) without having to scroll horizontally.

It's possible that you can force the gallery to have a fixed width by editing a CSS file, and one of my colleagues could advise you on how to do this, but a fixed-width gallery is not very mobile-friendly - so you would risk alienating visitors who use a mobile device to visit your website. That's actually the majority of website visitors these days.

An alternative to making the gallery have a fixed width might be to give it a maximum width (again, this would probably require a CSS edit). This would allow the gallery to be mobile-friendly, but would restrict the number of images that are displayed horizontally on desktops and/or tablets.

Jeremy



--
Ralph Bergman

Lion's Tooth Consultancy
823688 Massie Road
Chatsworth ON
N0H 1G0

cell (226) 668-2251


Exhibeo 2.0.6

Jeremy Hughes
 

We have just released Exhibeo 2.0.6.

This is a free update, which contains bug fixes and improvements.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 from the App Store, you can update via the App Store application.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 directly from us, you can update by choosing Check for Updates from the application (Exhibeo 2) menu.


Re: Exhibeo 2.0.6

Guido
 

I bought this directly from your company. When I click on the "Check for Updates" I get this error - 

Exhibeo 2 can’t be updated if it’s running from the location it was downloaded to.

 How should I proceed?

Thanks,
Jeff Trionfante




On Apr 28, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

We have just released Exhibeo 2.0.6.

This is a free update, which contains bug fixes and improvements.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 from the App Store, you can update via the App Store application.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 directly from us, you can update by choosing Check for Updates from the application (Exhibeo 2) menu.



Re: Exhibeo 2.0.6

Simon Manning
 

Hi Jeff,

This happens because of system protection that is in place if the app has not been moved since being downloaded. This will generally mean that the app is in your Downloads folder.

Quitting the app and moving it somewhere else in Finder will resolve this, e.g. to your Applications folder. If you want it where it is, simply move it and move it back again. (Don't undo, do a second move or the protection will be put back in place)

Simon

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 21:08, Alt Jeff <jtrionfante2@...> wrote:
I bought this directly from your company. When I click on the "Check for Updates" I get this error - 

Exhibeo 2 can’t be updated if it’s running from the location it was downloaded to.

 How should I proceed?

Thanks,
Jeff Trionfante




On Apr 28, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

We have just released Exhibeo 2.0.6.

This is a free update, which contains bug fixes and improvements.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 from the App Store, you can update via the App Store application.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 directly from us, you can update by choosing Check for Updates from the application (Exhibeo 2) menu.



Re: Exhibeo 2.0.6

Guido
 

Simon,
Success!  I did have Exhibeo inside a folder in Applications. When I moved the app from the folder (still keeping the app in Applications) the update worked perfectly.
Thanks,
Jeff


On Apr 28, 2021, at 1:17 PM, Simon Manning <simon.manning@...> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

This happens because of system protection that is in place if the app has not been moved since being downloaded. This will generally mean that the app is in your Downloads folder.

Quitting the app and moving it somewhere else in Finder will resolve this, e.g. to your Applications folder. If you want it where it is, simply move it and move it back again. (Don't undo, do a second move or the protection will be put back in place)

Simon

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 21:08, Alt Jeff <jtrionfante2@...> wrote:
I bought this directly from your company. When I click on the "Check for Updates" I get this error - 

Exhibeo 2 can’t be updated if it’s running from the location it was downloaded to.

 How should I proceed?

Thanks,
Jeff Trionfante




On Apr 28, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Jeremy Hughes <jeremy@...> wrote:

We have just released Exhibeo 2.0.6.

This is a free update, which contains bug fixes and improvements.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 from the App Store, you can update via the App Store application.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 directly from us, you can update by choosing Check for Updates from the application (Exhibeo 2) menu.






Showtime captions question

Guido
 

I would like to add a couple of short separate lines (with returns?) to the captions in Showtime. Is this something that will be in future releases?


Re: Showtime captions question

Simon Manning
 

Hi Guido,

You can add returns to the descriptions in Exhibeo by pressing option+enter, which will result in separate lines in Showtime.

Simon

On Wed, 19 May 2021 at 03:48, Guido <jtrionfante2@...> wrote:
I would like to add a couple of short separate lines (with returns?) to the captions in Showtime. Is this something that will be in future releases?

41 - 60 of 62