Re: Using the Showtime theme

Geoff Mullett

Hi Simon. I've spent several hours trying alternatives as the minimum height was already set to 200px. The only way I could stop the thumbnails disappearing behind the footer box was to rebuild the elements on a new page and although all the dimensions remained the same, whatever caused the problem vanished.
I applied a maximum height of 600px which kept the elements together on a big screen, though when resizing, the gallery, thumbs and navigation buttons all separate (though not as far apart as when I had no maximum height) so a browser refresh is required to get them back in place.
This particular theme worked far better with Freeway, so I suppose it's early days for Exhibeo with Xway.
Thanks
Geoff

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 13:56, Simon Manning <simon.manning@...> wrote:
Hi Geoff,

I believe this is a problem in the JavaScript Showtime uses which applies a fixed height in certain circumstances, sometimes erroneously. I suspect that if you select the item in Xway and change the minimum height from 100px to 200px, (larger than the thumbnail height) this problem will probably go away.

Simon

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 5:09 PM Geoff Mullett <geoff10a@...> wrote:

I’ve found that Exhibeo works well with Freeway, but having tried to move a couple of galleries to a simple Xway site, the results are unpredictable when using the ‘Showtime’ theme, particularly if thumbnails are included.

http://www.louthfolkclub.org.uk/guestgallery.html was my starting point. The page displays satisfactorily at full-screen, but reducing the screen size, or viewing on an iPhone results in the captions and navigation arrows becoming detached from the images and the thumbnails partially vanishing behind the bottom box in landscape view, and completely in portrait. This still occurs if I delete the bottom ‘privacy & cookies’ box.

Two other test pages, one with and one without thumbnails, give different results.

http://www.louthfolkclub.org.uk/test1.html

http://www.louthfolkclub.org.uk/test2.html

The Exhibeo help section is somewhat rudimentary when it comes to setting sizes and spacing, so I’m not sure if it’s actually an Exhibeo problem, or some of my settings in Xway. Any thoughts?
Geoff

Join exhibeo-talk@softpress.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.